×
Toddler Tragically Dies After He Runs Into His Burning Home To Save Pet Dog

Toddler Tragically Dies After He Runs Into His Burning Home To Save Pet Dog

The toddler went back into his burning house after realizing his dog was still there. Both of them were tragically killed in the fire.

A toddler who ran inside his burning home in an attempt to save his pet puppy has died. Loki Sharp, a 23-month-old toddler, died at his Arkansas home at around 5 pm local time, Saturday evening due to the devastating fire in Gentry.

Shortly after escaping the blaze, Sharp ran back into the house after realizing the family pooch was still inside the residence, reports Metro. Speaking to The Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Gentry Fire Chief Vester Cripps disclosed that the fire has been suspected to have been started by an electrical fault. 



 

According to Cripps, the boy's parents Kurtis and Caitlin were at home when the tragic incident happened. Understandably distressed, both parents were trying to put out the flames while calling for help when they reportedly lost track of their son.

Kurtis later revealed that Sharp had been unsuccessful in his attempts to rescue his beloved puppy, who also "died trying to protect (Loki) from the fire." Taking to Facebook, Kurtis posted an adorable picture of his young son and said his goodbye in the most heartbreaking way possible. 



 

I just wanna stop here and say never take your children for granted. Cherish every waking moment with them!!!! We love u bubba and we know your in a better place!!!! read the post. In another post, the father added how their family had "lost everything including our home our child and a dog."

Soon, a GoFundMe page was created to help cater to the expenses of the funeral. Providing an update, Kurtis further wrote: Please keep us high in your prayers tomorrow as we will be going to the funeral home to get our precious baby boys funeral and burial all set up!!!



 

 

The viewing for our precious baby boy will be this Friday from 6-8 pm at the Wasson funeral home in Siloam Springs Arkansas. The funeral will be Saturday at 2 pm at the same funeral home than from there we will go lay him to rest beside his uncle in Gentry Arkansas, wrote the devastated father.

Mourners have been requested to wear red, white, and black colored clothes at Loki's funeral as it was his favorite color. A Facebook page was also set up to raise money for the family who lost everything in the blaze. 



 

One of our dear representatives lost everything in a house fire. Not only did they lose their belongings but also a precious child. We need all the donations we can get. Whatever your heart is lead to do. The last thing we want the family to worry about during this very difficult time is money. Donations will be used towards hospital bills, funeral cost, & new housing. Most importantly please pray for this family, stated the Fundraising account which has already raised $607,404 of the ₹1,443,473 goal amount. 

The video footage of the tragic incident was made available by KFSM as the authorities continue to investigate the fire. 



 

Recommended for you