The mother of the toddler kept the baby in a stroller outside for some fresh air and intended to bring him inside soon. Sadly, she forgot about him.
A seven-month-old baby in Russia died after being left out in the freezing cold to sleep in a buggy. The toddler's family, who resides in Nikolayevsk-on-Amur, a town in eastern Russia, explained that they had put the child out in the balcony to get some fresh air, even though the temperature dropped as low as -7 degree Celsius. Apparently, this is a common practice in the region, according to reports of local media. However, after placing the kid in the open, the family had forgotten about it and this lead to the boy being exposed to the harsh weather for five hours, reports BBC News.
Seven-month-old baby freezes to death in -7C after being left on balcony to "sleep in the fresh air" for five hours https://t.co/i5zCgbYfa4— BBC News (World) (@BBCWorld) January 7, 2020
Soon a criminal investigation was launched into his death by the authorities in the far-eastern Khabarovsk region. Officials revealed that the baby had frozen to death. The preliminary report stated that the child had passed away due to hypothermia. Following this heartbreaking incident, the region's health ministry issued an advisory urging people not to leave their kids outside the house unattended, according to the outlet. The advisory which was posted on the department's Instagram page read, "Always know where and with whom (your child) is. Do not pass by if another child is in danger - in winter a child who is lost or injured on the street can very quickly become a victim of low temperatures."
For some reason in certain countries they have an obsession with their infants being allowed to sleep outdoors.— ☄Starlight Tigress☄ (@PrincessStarli) January 7, 2020
The post also sheds light on the recent incident of negligence shown by parents from the Khabarovsk region, which ultimately led to the death of their baby. They also emphasized on the fact that little children are bearing the brunt of negligence on the parent's part. Furthermore, it highlighted the need for basic safety measures.
According to a report by Daily Mail, it was the 40-year-old mother of the baby who placed the kid out in the balcony. She had decided to return in a few minutes to take him back in, however, she ended up forgetting about her son and only remembered five hours later. After bringing the child back inside the house, the mother noticed that the toddler showed no signs of life. Despite her attempts to revive him, the child did not respond.
Fun fact, putting a baby outside for a nap (even in the cold) is common in Nordic countries. As long as they are dressed properly they will be fine. This baby was probably not dressed warm enough and left out too long. The parents were careless but it’s not murder.— Sara K (@SaraKMagee) January 7, 2020
Keeping children and babies out in the cold is a practice that is often done by parents in Russia and Nordic countries such as Finland and Norway. In doing so, the parents believe that kids are able to sleep longer and better out in the open which has an abundance of fresh air. They also believe that this practice keeps coughs and colds away from children. Contrary to this, people on Facebook responded with anger towards the mother who neglected the child. One Facebook user, Lubna Ikram, wrote: Growing up in Scandinavia ( Denmark ) this is common. But 5hrs and such low temperatures should have made the parents rethink!! That's just stupidity on a different level!😬 Bless the little soul!🙏 Another, Gina LiVolsi Douglass wrote: If a baby needs fresh air, take it for a long walk. It should never be left unattended for even a second. Anything can happen!!!
On leaving a baby of this age ,he should be watched every hour or even half an hour this if who is responsible have a proper mind!!!!Poor baby GOD bless him , rest him in peace.— Nana Issa (@Nana1951Ni) January 7, 2020