×
Fox News Host Blames Meghan And Harry For Prince Philip's Death, Sparks Outrage

Fox News Host Blames Meghan And Harry For Prince Philip's Death, Sparks Outrage

The royal tragedy was quickly marred by 'Fox & Friends' host Brian Kilmeade who blamed Markle's Oprah interview for Prince Philips' death 

Image Source: (L) Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex react after their visit to Canada House(Photo by DANIEL LEAL-OLIVAS - Pool/Getty Images); (R) TV personality Brian Kilmeade attends DIRECTV's Sixth Annual Celebrity Beach Bowl Ga

Cathedral bells across England rang 99 times in the memory of Prince Philip whose death was announced by the Buckingham Palace on Friday. The Duke of Edinburgh was 99 at the time, reports BBC. "It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband," read a statement by the palace. "The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss." While it is understood that his death was likely due to old age and his recent hospitalization, the focus quickly shifted to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. In a ridiculously bizarre move, Fox & Friends host Brian Kilmeade squarely placed the blame on the Sussexes for Prince Philips' death. 



 

According to Mirror, Kilmeade linked Queen Elizabeth II's husband's death to Harry and Meghan's explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey without any proof. The tell-all episode that sent shockwaves through the royal family (and the world over) aired last month while Prince Philip was still in the hospital. While covering the recent royal death, Kilmeade told his viewers, "There are reports that [Philip] was enraged after the interview and the fallout from the interview with Oprah Winfrey, so here he is trying to recover and he’s hit with that." The source of Kilmeade's speculations was, of course, Piers Morgan who had previously said that the 99-year-old was under much stress following the television interview his grandson was a part of before famously walking out from his talk show



 

 

"Piers Morgan was saying on his morning show, which he famously walked off of, is like 'Really? Your grandfather is in the hospital, you know he’s not doing well, is this really the time you have to put out this interview?' Evidently, it definitely added to his stress," Kilmeade noted. Prince Philip was admitted to King Edward VII's hospital in central London on February 16 after he began feeling unwell. After spending four weeks at the hospital and undergoing a procedure for a pre-existing heart condition at another London hospital, St Bartholomew's, he finally returned to Windsor Castle on March 16. Oprah's interview with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex aired on March 8 in the UK where Meghan made startling claims about having suicidal thoughts and how the "institution" of the monarchy failed to help her.  



 

 

Kilmeade's coverage of Prince Philip's death quickly prompted furious responses from viewers who were outraged at this bizarre blame fest. Many have hit back on Twitter with one user writing: I knew it wouldn’t be long before Fox Propagandist racist scumbags like Brian Kilmeade tried to blame Prince Philip’s death on Meghan Markle even though he was 99 years old and died in his sleep. But blame the black woman again. Author and art director, Majid M Padellan wrote: Happy Friday to everyone except Brian Kilmeade because hoo boy that is one seriously racist asshole blaming the death of decrepit Prince Philip on Meghan Markle.



 

 



 

 

Healthcare Advocate, digital strategist, and writer, Kendall Brown, expressed: “He could handle his son turning out to be a pedophile, but a Black woman being out in the world, living her life was just TOO FAR.” -Brian Kilmeade basically.

Per Metro, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex did pay a tribute to the Duke of Edinburgh shortly after the news of his death broke. On their Archewell website, they posted: In loving memory of His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh. 1921-2021. Thank you for your service… you will be greatly missed. All the other information on their website has been removed currently. 



 

 



 

A source close to the family revealed that Prince Harry would be returning to the UK for his grandfather's funeral. "Harry will absolutely do his utmost to get back to the UK and be with his family. He will want nothing more than to be there for his family, and particularly his grandmother, during this awful time," said the source according to Daily Mail. The couple is expecting their second child and it's unclear if Meghan would be able to travel or not. "Meghan is obviously pregnant so she will need to take advice from her doctors about whether it is safe for her to travel, but I think Harry will definitely go," revealed the insider. 



 

 



 

Recommended for you