×
Former Classmates Of Ohio Mass Shooter Say He Allegedly Kept a 'Hit List' And A 'Rape List'

Former Classmates Of Ohio Mass Shooter Say He Allegedly Kept a 'Hit List' And A 'Rape List'

High school classmates of the gunman who killed nine people in Dayton, Ohio, said he was previously suspended for compiling a “hit list” of those he wanted to kill and a “rape list” of girls he wanted to sexually assault.

Terrorist acts almost always have a serious agenda behind it. Whether it's a terrorist group that seeks to spread fear through violent propaganda or lone gunmen that love to go commando in public, there is always intent and reason found in the agenda of the perpetrators. In light of the recent mass shooting which claimed the lives of nine individuals in Dayton, Ohio, Police and the Press have received word from the shooter's former high school classmates that 24-year-old Connor Betts had a 'hit-list' and a 'rape-list'. 



 

According to the news story by reporters from the Associated Press, Betts was apparently suspended during their junior year at suburban Bellbrook High School after a 'hit-list' was found scrawled in a school bathroom. The accounts by two former classmates revealed that this followed an earlier suspension after Betts came to school with a list of female students he wanted to sexually assault. "There was a kill list and a rape list, and my name was on the rape list," said the female classmate.  



 

The discovery of the hit list early in 2012 sparked a police investigation, and roughly one-third of Bellbrook students skipped school out of fear. However, Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Schools officials have thus far declined to comment on those accounts, only confirming that Betts attended schools in the district. In response to CNN's inquiries about the hit list, Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Schools Superintendent Douglas A. Cozad said, "At this point, I can confirm that Connor Betts was a student at Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Local Schools his entire school career and graduated from Bellbrook High School in 2013". "Since he has not been a student here for over six years, we are still gathering additional information and will release it as soon as we can," Cozad said.



 

Dayton Police Chief Richard Biehl said, "There's nothing in this individual's record that would have precluded him from getting these weapons," upon finding out about the alleged 'Hit-list' and 'Rape-list'. Another former classmate, who has requested not to be identified out of privacy concerns, recalled being summoned to a school administrator's office and being told he was "number one" on the list of students Betts wanted to kill. He said the list was separated into two columns: a "kill list" for boys and a "rape list" for girls. Yet another classmate told the press that "He loved to look at you and pretend to shoot with guns, guns with his hands,". 



 

While this is a really morbid development to the mass shooting, it's not surprising as most people who commit atrocities on this level are frequently marred by deep thoughts and feelings of violence. Although Betts' doesn't have an adult criminal record,  the news of these lists surfaced back in 2012 when he was still a Juvenile. Following the emergence of these lists, Betts' former classmates told CNN that they recalled Betts being removed from the school for at least a year, but that he later returned to Bellbrook High.

However, it's interesting to note that not everyone who went to school with Betts had bad things to say about him. One classmate, Brad Hopkins told reporters in Bellbrook on Sunday that he was friends with Betts from preschool through their high school graduation. "Connor Betts that I knew was a nice kid. The Connor Betts that I talked to, I always got along with well," Howard said. Another person, Mike Kern, a customer at the gas station where Betts used to work in Bellbrook also remarked that "He was the nicest kid you could imagine," always friendly, Kern said. "I never heard him talk about violence, say a racist word, or anything like that."



 



 

Recommended for you