×
Mom Feeds Bleach To Autistic Sons, Says It Has "Improved" Their Condition; It's Dangerous, Say Doctors

Mom Feeds Bleach To Autistic Sons, Says It Has "Improved" Their Condition; It's Dangerous, Say Doctors

Laurel Austin has been giving her sons Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS), a solution of chlorine dioxide, to cure her sons' autism.

A mother from Lenexa, Missouri was slammed for allegedly giving her sons bleach to cure their autism. Laurel Austin started giving her sons, Jeremy and Joshua, Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS) in an attempt to "cure" their autism, reports The Sun. MMS is essentially chlorine dioxide, an industrial bleach. It is prepared by mixing sodium chlorite solution with an acid (such as the juices of citrus fruits). This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a toxic chemical that in high oral doses can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and life-threatening low blood pressure due to dehydration.

 



 

 



 

MMS is often falsely promoted as a cure for HIV, malaria, hepatitis viruses, the H1N1 flu virus, common colds, autism, acne, cancer, and much more. Even Austin's husband Brad doesn't approve of her decision to give their kids MMS and considers this "snake oil" treatment as a form of "child abuse." However, Austin, an anti-vaxxer, begs to disagree. Explaining the reason behind her decision she told Fox4KC, "When you have someone who tears up their arms and screams all the time and can’t speak and they’re trapped in their own body – that’s not normal, and that’s not something they were born with. That’s tortuous, and [Jeremy, 28] deserves relief from that."

 



 

 



 

Austin has been giving her sons MMS which is heavily diluted in water for a year, since 2018. She also claims that her doctor had signed off on the decision to give her son the solution which apparently has helped improve her kids' health and behavior. Furthermore, she added how Jeremy has stopped having seizures since consuming the solution. "We’ve had amazing health improvements, amazing behavior improvements. This has changed everything… My children have had improved health. If I was poisoning them with bleach, wouldn’t their health be getting worse instead of better?" she said.

 



 

 



 

"This thing claims to cure everything. It’s such a ludicrous idea. She’s giving Joshua and Jeremy bleach to try to cure their autism. It is akin to child abuse in my opinion. I fear for their health, their safety," said Brad who lost custody of his four children he has with Austin in 2008. Brad lodged a complaint with the Lenexa police department about Austin giving their son this toxic medication, but the charges were dropped after blood tests revealed no signs of toxicity. "It’s not medically-approved treatment. The Food And Drug Administration (US health industry regulator) has warned against it," he told Metro. Contrary to Austin's views that vaccinations have caused autism in their children, Brad has a more scientific approach and believes that it was caused due to genetics.



 

 

Back in 2010, the FDA warned consumers about MMS products that contain bleach. "If you’re drinking ‘Miracle’ or ‘Master’ Mineral Solution or other sodium chlorite products, stop now. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has received many reports that these products, sold online as “treatments,” have made consumers sick," reads the FDA website. They even mentioned how consuming  MMS could cause "severe vomiting, severe diarrhea, life-threatening low blood pressure caused by dehydration, and acute liver failure."



 

 

"Some distributors are making false — and dangerous — claims that Miracle Mineral Supplement mixed with citric acid is an antimicrobial, antiviral, and antibacterial liquid that is a remedy for autism, cancer, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, flu, and other conditions. But the FDA is not aware of any research showing that these products are safe or effective for treating any illness. Using these products may cause you to delay other treatments that have been shown to be safe and effective," added the website. "The bottom line: Sodium chlorite products are dangerous, and you and your family should not use them."



 

Recommended for you