It does not hurt to be kind to people. Try it, you might be surprised by the results of your action!
In a world that's filled with spite and hate, it's hard to come across some kindness. You honestly never know what someone might be going through because it doesn't necessarily show on their face. Everyone's got their own demons to deal with and the kinder you are to someone, you get it back in ways you never imagined possible. Honestly, the smallest gesture of kindness can go a really long way with someone who's having a bad day. Be kind. Be gentle. It doesn't cost you anything, and it makes someone's day, so it's honestly a win-win situation.
1. Flying for the first time is hard, and it's a nightmare if you're flying alone. Recently, a Reddit user shared a picture of how two random people in the seat next to him showed true compassion and kindness. Apparently, someone was traveling for the first time and that person's neighbor just held on to her hand and talked her through it.
2. Someone noticed a car's handbrake wasn't working and the car was slowly rolling towards a wall. It could break the glass if the car comes in contact with the wall, so a good Samaritan used an old sneaker to act as a stopper and to prevent the car from rolling towards the wall. They even left a note! How sweet is that?
3. Everyone wants to be photographed and they want to look good in them. A Reddit user was busy taking nice pictures of their brother and a homeless man approached them, asking if his pictures could be taken too. They obliged and the pictures came out looking damn fine.
4. It can get cold and chilly at times and while most of us have the luxury of a sweater or a coat. But the homeless don't. Which is why someone left a handwoven scarf out in the open so whoever really needed it could make good use of it.
5. Not all policemen are out there to arrest you and make your life miserable. Some of them are even there to help, like this kind officer who can be seen handing out a bag with food to a homeless man who was probably hungry.
6. It's not that hard to be kind, and you definitely don't have to go out of the way. Someone found a lost earring and they hung it up in the lift for the owner to claim it. You never know if something they lost actually means a lot to them.
7. Brands also endorse kindness at times, as Lush did. It helps when you spread kindness, it makes someone else feel happier about what they've received a small gesture of kindness, and they'll carry it with them through the whole day.
8. When it's cold there are people out there shivering because they don't have warm clothes on, while we sit in the comforts of our home and stay warm. Leave a sweater out on a pole for whoever needs it. Your heart and their body will be filled with warmth thanks to this act of kindness.
9. The recent government shutdown took a toll on a lot of people who were without jobs, but Reddit came to the help of a fellow user by sending across necessities like diapers, wet wipes and all other things the baby might need.
10. A kind gesture means a lot more than money ever can. People in genuine need deserve to be helped and you are kind if you don't think of the money when you're trying to help someone who really needs the help.
11. Some people have to work several jobs to make ends meet and they may be on your service, but tired out of their wits. This kind man just let his guy sleep on the floor because he figured some sleep would be good.
12. Our lives are a lot different from the older generation. We have no idea how some things work and this young man did not know how a tie works, so an elderly man stepped in to help him figure it out. It was his first day at work.
13. Parking tickets are a bane, and when you get one you tend to not know what to do with it. These kind police officers have decided to make use of it to help others in need. Why let the money go to the government when you can actually use it to help someone else.
14. Food is a basic necessity and it may surprise you to know it's something not everyone can afford to buy. This supermarket in some Arabian country has decided to leave bread out for people who cannot afford it.
15. Traveling with a toddler can never be easy for you, or for the people you're with. A woman decided to hand out nearly 200 packets with earplugs and candies to apologize to the other passengers in advance in case her baby cries a bit too loud!