Man Beats His Grandfather With A Baseball Bat, Cuts Off His Ears And Slips Them Into His Pockets

Man Beats His Grandfather With A Baseball Bat, Cuts Off His Ears And Slips Them Into His Pockets

The Lake County man killed his grandfather after they got into an altercation while smoking weed.

Cover Image Source: Lake County Sheriff's Office

Trigger Warning: The story has details of homicide that readers may find disturbing. 

A 30-year-old man has been charged with beating and stabbing his grandfather to death before cutting his ears off and stuffing them in his pockets. Kolby Parker, 30, was found covered in blood and standing next to his corpse when officers from the Lake County Sheriff's office arrived at the scene. The assailant had called 911 himself to report that his grandfather had attacked him as they were smoking marijuana at home. However, when deputies arrived minutes later, they found that Parker had beaten his grandfather, 76-year- Ronal Wells Sr., with a baseball bat, stabbed him with a butcher knife and slashed his ears, reports Orlando Sentinel.  When authorities questioned him over the motives for the killing, Parker said he wanted his grandfather "to be with his deceased grandmother" adding that it "was his time to go". Upon further prodding, he gave a detailed view of the attack and said the weed was laced with an unknown substance, causing him to flip out.


Per NYDailyNews, the investigation started at around 6:30 p.m. on March 13, when Parker reported the incident and claimed he managed to disarm his grandfather and used the knife against him. When police arrived at the DeLand home, located about 30 miles from Orlando, they found the victim lying on the front porch with four stab wounds on the chest. According to the affidavit, the police were suspicious of Parker's story and asked him what the "unidentified soft object" in his pocket was. That's when he reportedly pulled out a bloody human ear from both his front pockets and held them up to let deputies photograph them, authorities said. He then allegedly said: "This is where he is," and began attacking and fighting the deputies, and attempted to grab their weapons. The sheriff's office revealed that they used a taser, which didn't seem to do the work at all.


Police managed to handcuff him before taking him to a hospital for treatment and then booked him into the Lake County Jail, where he is held without bond. He was charged with second-degree murder, battery on a law enforcement officer, and resisting with violence. When the deputies obtained a warrant to search the home, they found a number of disturbing things including a cooking apron with the phrase "The Family Butcher" printed on it, hanging over his bedroom wall. The apron also had a pair of human-like ears. 

According to the CDC, Florida has one of the highest homicide rates in all United States recording 1,334 deaths per 100,000 people and is third only to Texas and California which has 1,694 and 1,794 deaths per 100,000 population respectively.


Similarly, in November last year, a man in Florida accidentally killed his pregnant wife thinking she was an intruder. According to reports, he was awakened in the early hours of Wednesday by the sounds of someone outside the bedroom of his house in Stuart.  He then felt the other side of his bed for his wife. Reassured she was there, he went to find out who it was while carrying a weapon. A figure appeared in the hallway at whom he shot with his handgun. It turned out to be his wife. "He was asleep, thought there was an intruder in the house, heard noises, reached over to feel for his wife, and unfortunately he felt (what) turned out to be his dog," said William Snyder, the Martin County Sheriff, according to Tampa Bay Times. The man, who failed to recognize his six-month-pregnant wife in the darkness, fatally wounded her.


Another child in the house, a 2-year-old, was unhurt. The incident is believed to have taken place around 1.30 a.m in the morning. The woman was shot in the head and taken to a hospital by first-responders. She was pronounced dead at the hospital. Soon after the shooting, the man called 911. "Help me please, help me!" the man screamed to the officer who responded to the call, said the police report.




Recommended for you